(PSALMS 25:6,11,16-18 NIV)
(6) Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord. For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. (16) Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. (17) The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish. (18) Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.
(PSALMS 38:1-4,9,18,21-22 NIV)
(1) O Lord, do not rebuke us* in your anger or discipline us in your wrath. (2) For your arrows have pierced us, and your hand has come down upon us. (3) Because of your wrath there is no health in our bodies; our bones have no soundness because of our sin. (4) Our guilt has overwhelmed us like a burden too heavy to bear. All our longings lie open before you, O Lord; our sighing is not hidden from you. We confess our iniquities; We are troubled by our sin. (21) O Lord, do not forsake us; be not far from us, O God. (22) Come quickly to help us, O Lord our Saviour.
(* formatted using plural pronouns)
(PSALMS 40:11-13 NIV)
(11) Do not withhold your mercy from me, O Lord; may your love and your truth always protect me. (12) For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. (13) Be pleased, O Lord, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me.
(PSALMS 51:1-4 NIV)
(1) Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. (2) Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. (3) For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. (4) Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.
(PSALMS 51:7,9-12,17) (NIV)
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. (9) Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. (10) Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (11) Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. (12) Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
(PSALMS 143:1,2,6-10 NIV)
(1) O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief. (2) Do not bring your servant into judgment, for no one living is righteous before you. (6) I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Selah (7) Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. (8) Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. (9) Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself in you. (10) Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
THE LORD'S PRAYER
(MATTHEW 6:9-13 NIV)
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, as we have forgive those who sin against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory, forever and ever. AMEN.