(EXODUS 31:13) (NIV)
"Say to the Israelites, `You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.
(PSALMS 5:4,11) (NIV)
You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell. But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
(PSALMS 18:2-3A NIV)
(2) The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (3) I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise...
(PSALMS 22:26B-28 NIV)
(26) ...they who seek the Lord will praise him - may your hearts live forever! (27) All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him, (28) for dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.
(PSALMS 24:1-5 NIV)
(1) The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; (2) for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters. (3) Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? (4) He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. (5) He will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God his Saviour.
(PSALMS 25:1-5 NIV)
(1) To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; (2) in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. (3) No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. (4) Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; (5) guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long.
(PSALMS 27:1-4 NIV)
(1) The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? (2) When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. (3) Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. (4) One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
(Psalms 29:1-2 NIV)
(1) Ascribe to the Lord, O mighty ones, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. (2) Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendour of his holiness.
(PSALMS 30:4) (NIV)
Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name.
(PSALMS 30:10-12 NIV)
(10) Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me; O Lord, be my help." (11) You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, (12) that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.
(PSALMS 31:23-24 NIV)
(23) Love the Lord, all his saints! The Lord preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full. (24) Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
(PSALMS 32:11) (NIV)
Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!
(PSALMS 33:1-5 NIV)
(1) Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. (2) Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. (3) Sing to him a new song; play skilfully, and shout for joy. (4) For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. (5) The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.
(PSALMS 34:1-3 NIV)
(1) I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. (2) My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. (3) Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.
(PSALMS 34:8-10 NIV)
(8) Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. (9) Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. (10) The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
(PSALMS 40:1-3 NIV)
(1) I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. (2) He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. (3) He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
(PSALMS 42:11) (NIV)
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God.
(PSALMS 43:3-4 NIV)
(3) Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. (4) Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.
(PSALMS 46:1-3 NIV)
(1) God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (2) Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, (3) though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah
(PSALMS 46:10-11 NIV)
(10) "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (11) The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
(PSALMS 47:1-2 NIV)
(1) Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. (2) How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth!
(PSALMS 47:5-7 NIV)
(5) God has ascended amid shouts of joy, the Lord amid the sounding of trumpets. (6) Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. (7) For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise.
(PSALMS 62:1-2 NIV)
(1) My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. (2) He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
(PSALMS 64:9-10 NIV)
(9) All mankind will fear; they will proclaim the works of God and ponder what he has done. (10) Let the righteous rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him; let all the upright in heart praise him!
(PSALMS 67:3-5 NIV)
(3) May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. (4) May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. Selah (5) May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you.
(PSALMS 68:4-5 NIV)
(4) Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds - his name is the Lord - and rejoice before him. (5) A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.
(PSALMS 68:32-35 NIV)
(32) Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth, sing praise to the Lord, (33) to him who rides the ancient skies above, who thunders with mighty voice. (34) Proclaim the power of God, whose majesty is over Israel, whose power is in the skies. (35) You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!
(PSALMS 84:1-4 NIV)
(1) How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! (2) My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. (3) Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young - a place near your altar, O Lord Almighty, my King and my God. (4) Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.
(Psalms 86:8-10 NIV)
(8) Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. (9) All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. (10) For you are great and do marvellous deeds; you alone are God.
(PSALMS 89:1-2 NIV)
(1) I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. (2) I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
(PSALMS 89:5-8 NIV)
(5) The heavens praise your wonders, O Lord, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones. (6) For who in the skies above can compare with the Lord? Who is like the Lord among the heavenly beings? (7) In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him. (8) O Lord God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
(PSALMS 92:1-2 NIV)
(1) It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, (2) to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night,
(PSALMS 95:1-3 NIV)
(1) Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. (2) Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. (3) For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.
(PSALMS 95:6-7 NIV)
(6) Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; (7) for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.
(PSALMS 96:1-6 NIV)
(1) Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. (2) Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. (3) Declare his glory among the nations, his marvellous deeds among all peoples. (4) For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. (5) For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens. (6) Splendour and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary.
(PSALMS 96:7-9 NIV)
(7) Ascribe to the Lord, O families of nations, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. (8) Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come into his courts. (9) Worship the Lord in the splendour of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.
(PSALMS 97:10-12 NIV)
(10) Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked. (12) Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name.
(PSALMS 98:1-3 NIV)
(1) Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvellous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. (2) The Lord has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations. (3) He has remembered his love and his faithfulness to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
(PSALMS 99:9) (NIV)
Exalt the Lord our God and worship at his holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy.
(PSALMS 100:1-5 NIV)
(1) Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. (2) Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. (3) Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his ; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. (4) Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. (5) For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
(PSALMS 103:1-3 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. (2) Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - (3) who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
(PSALMS 104:1-5 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendour and majesty. (2) He wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent (3) and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind. (4) He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants. (5) He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.
(PSALMS 105:1-4 NIV)
(1) Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. (2) Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. (3) Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. (4) Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
(PSALMS 106:1-2 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. (2) Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord or fully declare his praise?
(PSALMS 107:1-3 NIV)
(1) Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. (2) Let the redeemed of the Lord say this - those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, (3) those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south.
(PSALMS 111:1-4 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord. I will extol the Lord with all my heart in the council of the upright and in the assembly. (2) Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them. (3) Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever. (4) He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the Lord is gracious and compassionate.
(PSALMS 111:10) (NIV)
(10) The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.
(PSALMS 113:1-4 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord. Praise, O servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord. (2) Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forevermore. (3) From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised. (4) The Lord is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens.
(PSALMS 117:1-2 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. (2) For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.
(PSALMS 118:1-4 NIV)
(1) Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. (2) Let Israel say: "His love endures forever." (3) Let the house of Aaron say: "His love endures forever." (4) Let those who fear the Lord say: "His love endures forever."
(PSALMS 124:8) (NIV)
(8) Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
(PSALMS 125:1-2 NIV)
(1) Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. (2) As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore.
For evening worship (PSALMS 134:1-2 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord, all you servants of the Lord who minister by night in the house of the Lord. (2) Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord.
(PSALMS 134:2-3 NIV)
(2) Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord. (3) May the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth, bless you from Zion.
(PSALMS 135:1,3 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord. Praise the name of the Lord; praise him, you servants of the Lord, (3) Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.
(PSALMS 138:1-2 NIV)
(1) I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise. (2) I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
(PSALMS 145:3-7 NIV)
(3) Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. (4) One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. (5) They will speak of the glorious splendour of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. (6) They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. (7) They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
(PSALMS 145:8-11 NIV)
(8) The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. (9) The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. (10) All you have made will praise you, O Lord; your saints will extol you. (11) They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might,
(PSALMS 145:17-21 NIV)
(17) The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made. (18) The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. (19) He fulfils the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. (20) The Lord watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. (21) My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever.
(PSALMS 146:1-2,5-6,10 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul. (2) I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. (5) Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, (6) the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them - the Lord, who remains faithful forever. (10) The Lord reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the Lord.
(PSALMS 147:1,4-5 NIV)
Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him! (4) He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. (5) Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.
(PSALMS 148:12-13,14B NIV)
(12) young men and maidens, old men and children. (13) Let them praise the name of the Lord, for his name alone is exalted; his splendour is above the earth and the heavens. Praise the Lord.
(PSALMS 149:1-2 NIV)
(1) Praise the Lord. Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the saints. (2) Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King.
(PSALMS 150:1-2,6) (NIV)
Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.
(ISAIAH 12:3) (NIV)
(3) With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
(ISAIAH 12:5-6 NIV)
(5) Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. (6) Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."
(ISAIAH 40:28-31 NIV)
(28) Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. (29) He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. (30) Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; (31) but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
(ISAIAH 42:5-6,10a) (NIV)
This is what God the Lord says - he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: "I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.
(ISAIAH 44:22-23 NIV)
(22) I have swept away your offences like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." (23) Sing for joy, O heavens, for the Lord has done this; shout aloud, O earth beneath. Burst into song, you mountains, you forests and all your trees, for the Lord has redeemed Jacob, he displays his glory in Israel.
(ISAIAH 55:6-7 NIV)
(6) Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. (7) Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
(ISAIAH 61:10-11 NIV)
(10) I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. (11) For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.
(ISAIAH 63:7) (NIV)
I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord, the deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us - yes, the many good things he has done for the house of Israel, according to his compassion and many kindnesses.
(JEREMIAH 33:2-3 NIV)
(2) "This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it - the Lord is his name: (3) `Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'
(HABAKKUK 2:20) (NIV)
But the Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him."
(JOHN 4:23-24 NIV)
(23) Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. (24) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
(MATTHEW 11:28-30 NIV)
(28) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (30) For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
For Communion (1CORINTHIANS 5:7-8 NIV)
(7) Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast - as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. (8) Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.
(HEBREWS 10:24-25 NIV)
(24) And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. (25) Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.